Rockland Trust Financial Services will host local guest speaker, Attorney Eric R. Oalican, on Wednesday, April 6th from 6:00 p.m to 7:00 p.m. at the Rockland Trust Seekonk branch located at 1400 Fall River Avenue, Seekonk (Route 6).
Mr. Oalican is a local attorney specializing in asset protection planning. He is a frequent lecturer and published author in his field and a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Bar Associations.
This workshop provides an overview of estate, retirement and asset protection strategies that address common issues such as probate avoidance, creditor asset protection, retirement planning and estate tax minimization.
During this presentation, you will learn:
- The basics of how a trust works, including the difference between a revocable and irrevocable trust.
- How trusts avoid probate upon death, preserve public benefits for disabled beneficiaries and protect inheritances from creditors.
- How to protect your home from a Medicaid lien.
- Strategies to eliminate or minimize federal and Massachusetts estate taxes.
- Common mistakes to avoid when naming beneficiaries on IRAs.
Seating is limited. Please RSVP by Friday, April 1 to Deb Faria, branch manager at (508) 336-5991. Refreshments will be served.