The number of people aged 65 and over in Massachusetts currently exceeds 900,000. By 2030, that population is projected to reach 1.5 million. Seventy percent of people who are 65 or over will require some form of long-term care during their lives. As this population increases, so do the demands thrust upon the children and spouses of an aging loved one.
Attorney Oalican and three other panelists will present a seminar on three different dates. The seminar addresses common issues, challenges and concerns of caring for an elderly parent or spouse. The emotional, financial, legal and practical aspects of caring for an elderly family member are addressed by a panel of experts devoted to counseling care giver children and spouses.
- A review of community resources, both public and private, available to implement a care plan to keep an elderly person at home and protect them from abuse or harm.
- How to finance a care plan, including a review of private pay, investment and insurance options for home care.
- Strategies to protect life savings and homes from Medicaid liens in the event of long-term nursing home care.
- Thomas M. Burke, Jr, Vice President South Shore Bank, infinex Investment Executive.
- Philip Melanson, Vice President South Shore Bank, Infinex Inestment Executive
- Jennifer Warren, Executive Director, Overlook CARE
- Eric R. Oalican, Esq., Oalican Law Group
This seminar is sponsored by the Investment Center at South Shore Bank and will be offered on 6/23 and 9/22, at 1530 Main St., South Weymouth, MA from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Seating is limited. Refreshments will be served. To RSVP, please contact Susan Mercurio at 781-682-3217 or email at email@example.com